Happy Monday! Today, I am sipping on a nice warm cup of coffee on a cold Canadian day. I hope you are all doing well. Lately, I have been reminiscing over pre-covid days. I used to host burger nights with my friends once a month. It always made me super happy to host people, make burgers and my favourite non-salad-salads, such as macaroni salad, potato salad, broccoli salad, and pineapple salad. I do have to admit that these are my mother’s recipes, but boy is my mother and my grandma are the two best cooks I know. I just had to steal their recipes and make them for all of my friends.
- 1 can crushed Pineapple.
- 1 pkg. Lemon Jello.
- ½ c. sugar.
- ¼ teaspoon salt.
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice.
- 1 c. grated Carrots.
- 1 c. Whipped Cream.
- 5 Maraschino Cherries.
1. Drain pineapple, get all the juice out as best you can. Add water to the pineapple juice and heat it to a boil.
2. Add jello and stir until dissolved.
3. Add the sugar, salt and lemon juice.
4. Chill until it is slightly thickened.
5. Add pineapple and carrots and whip cream until stiffened. Fold into a mixture.
6. Leave to chill until set.
7. Add Maraschino Cherries to the top.
(I used shell noodles here)
- 2 c. Macaroni
- ½ c. Shredded Cheese
- ½ c. diced Sandwich Ham
- ¼ c. Pickles
- Green Onions (As much as your heart desires)
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil the water, and add the macaroni.
- When macaroni is done cooking, use a strainer to strain the hot water.
- Run cold water through the macaroni while still in the strainer.
- Let dry
- Mix all the ingredients
- 1 head of Brocolli
- ¼ c. Sunflower seeds
- ½ c. Shredded Chedder Cheese
- ½ c. Raisins
- ¼ c. Bacon Bits
- ¼ c. Green Onions
- 3 tablespoons Vineger
- ⅓ c. Mayo
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- Chop broccoli up into small pieces
- Chop green onions
- Let the raisins sit in water to soften.
- Mix broccoli, green onions, sunflower seeds, cheddar cheese, raisins, bacon bits.
- Mix mayo, vinegar, pepper, and sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Mix everything together well.
Ingredients: (This recipe depends on how many potatoes you want and how much vinegar you like.)
- Green Onions
- Salt and Pepper
- Bake Potoatoes and let them cool.
- Dice the Potatoes
- Mix all of the ingredience
These are a few of my favorite non-salad-salads. I hope you enjoy.